A living score asks you if you’re interested in realizing a work she’s the archive to.
This video is my yes.
[factory] is a proposal for collaborative performance action(s).
This video realization–“[factory] a long rope”– was created by me and features Mira Benjamin performing sections of her own realization of [factory]. She would normally do this in live performance settings so working on this video with me was a deviation from that too.
[factory] began as a set of 22 texts written by Luke Nickel. These texts—or verbal scores—were linked by a geographical map, with each text representing an individual conceptual area or room. Luke and Mira Benjamin (the original performer) agreed upon a risky proposal: she would read the texts only once and then delete them, allowing the work to exist solely in her memory and inviting forgettings and linguistic permutations to infect the ephemeral score-object itself. Mira is now the living score for the work, voluntarily responsible for its transferral, transformation and translation.
I’ve been a fan of Ingrid Mouth‘s work for about a year now, and have made a few other works based on her during that time. This is the latest, which I have based off of her brilliant video, The dance of the zentai (seen below):
And here’s the toy (!)
I made the wig and banana as removable accessories…just like in the video :)
While the figure is painted with enamel, the accessories have the yellow pigment mixed right into the resin before it sets, so they are yellow through and through.
Each one is slightly different.
The wig snaps on in the most satisfying way. I sculpted the master on a figure to ensure the hair imprinted itself on the inside.
I made a simple armature out of aluminium foil to start out with…
and sculpted her out of Sculpy (Original Super Sculpey to be exact). I watched Ferris Bueller’s Day Off on non-stop loop during the entire process. Sometimes a movie gets real sticky when I’m making something.
Then I made the 2 part silicone mould (here is the top half of the mould / about to pour the bottom half). There is absolutely a better way to have done this than the way I did. The way I designed it, I have to pour the resin through channels at each knee and chin…..but I’m new to this (this is my second figure) and couldn’t wrap my head around doing it another way. I think I have to make a 3 part mould to accommodate all the planes (ie the bent legs). In the end it worked ok enough though.
The channels at the knees and chin that I rigged to release air bubbles and to pour through.
I have to fill in some air bubbles at the knees and fingers with milliput, and sand them down because of the errors in my mould making.
[These are not for sale. I give them away willy-nilly.]
This post just kinda….ends.
A look back at the 10 year collaboration between Rodrigo Constanzo and I.
I live with this beautiful human, Rodrigo Constanzo. Here are some videos I’ve made with him. I’ll update this post as and when a new video is made, but only the FOUR most recent will appear. Please click the ‘continue reading‘ link below to see the complete post.
December 9, 2015 – hosted by BaconJam. Rod’s post on our “light vomit”
February 7, 2015 – Everything. Everything at Once. Once. (3).
This video is one of a set of 4 videos total, for the third iteration in the Everything. Everything at Once. Once. series. That’s too many numbers and references to numbers to make sense, isn’t it? I mean this…
Everything. Everything at once. Once. (has 3 videos)
Everything. Everything at once. Once. (2) (has 4 videos)
Everything. Everything at once. Once. (3) (has 4 videos, which includes the one shown below). My role in this vid differs from others since the camera is static. Have a look at the thoughtful and thorough blog post Rod made about our process and thinking behind this work.
October 28, 2014 – The full length version of iminlovewithanothergirl.com.
And here’s Rod’s blog post about it.
Some MMA fighters drawn with a mouse
This is specifically for Leo Svirsky…
I hope this is a thing you can cross this off that list they gave you.
CLOSE-UP of an area
The red ink used was Hydrus 4H deep red rose
The black ink used was Rotring drawing ink encre Chine
The red enamel was Humbrol red gloss 19
A look at dfscore 2.0. Yup! It’s been REVAMPED. Read Rod’s blog about it. Nov. 14, 2015
dfscore student workshop at the University of Leeds on Feb 28, 2015
The dfscore premiere at The Noise Upstairs on Sept. 18, 2014
The dfscore: a short intro