Some folks on llllllll.co (the lines forum, and thus the ^ title) are helping me with ideas for 3 panel comic strips. I made a post on there and just asked if anyone had any ideas, because I’m just in that mood to draw comics. They’re a great group of people and I’ve been really inspired by what they’ve written thus far.
Field Recording – written by Jason Wehmhoener
^March 25th. I think I prefer this one in black and white only but here you can see how I tried coloring it in. I think in general I prefer flat color, which is a staple of older comics and posters. Calvin’s hair was yellow (if any color at all) and it was beautiful.
written by Jason Wehmhoener:
Watching Joe Rogan interview Gavin McInnes and trying out some new watercolor brushpens.
He got it wrong, but also I might have explained the rules wrong.
Ok, both are true.
[¬self-improvement ≠ self-destruction] ∪ [Self-improvement ≠ ¬self-destruction] ∪ [Self-improvement ⊆ Self-destruction]
I made these two A5 ink drawings and then treated one of them. This treatment was inspired by The Flame Alphabet.
made on Sept. 25, 2016
and on another day
further referenced in constellation.
I’ve been a fan of Ingrid Mouth‘s work for about a year now, and have made a few other works based on her during that time. This is the latest, which I have based off of her brilliant video, The dance of the zentai (seen below):
And here’s the toy (!)
I made the wig and banana as removable accessories…just like in the video :)
While the figure is painted with enamel, the accessories have the yellow pigment mixed right into the resin before it sets, so they are yellow through and through.
Each one is slightly different.
The wig snaps on in the most satisfying way. I sculpted the master on a figure to ensure the hair imprinted itself on the inside.
I made a simple armature out of aluminium foil to start out with…
and sculpted her out of Sculpy (Original Super Sculpey to be exact). I watched Ferris Bueller’s Day Off on non-stop loop during the entire process. Sometimes a movie gets real sticky when I’m making something.
Then I made the 2 part silicone mould (here is the top half of the mould / about to pour the bottom half). There is absolutely a better way to have done this than the way I did. The way I designed it, I have to pour the resin through channels at each knee and chin…..but I’m new to this (this is my second figure) and couldn’t wrap my head around doing it another way. I think I have to make a 3 part mould to accommodate all the planes (ie the bent legs). In the end it worked ok enough though.
The channels at the knees and chin that I rigged to release air bubbles and to pour through.
I have to fill in some air bubbles at the knees and fingers with milliput, and sand them down because of the errors in my mould making.
[These are not for sale. I give them away willy-nilly.]
This post just kinda….ends.